Case Study | Under Armour
“Our project was on a very tight timeline, with a lot of moving parts, but Rainmaker was up for the challenge, and delivered. They were extremely responsive, thorough and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend them and will continue to use them for support and enhancements to our system.”
– Kevin Culley, Sr. Director – Business Development, Innovation
Founded in 1996 by former University of Maryland football player Kevin Plank, Under Armour is the originator of performance apparel – gear engineered to keep athletes cool, dry and light throughout the course of a game, practice or workout.
Challenge | Existing Idea Submission Portal was “Clunky” and Poorly Branded
- User’s were taken to a portal for Idea submission, with distinctly different branding and interface than Under Armour’s website.
- User navigation throughout the Idea submission portal was difficult.
- Lack of internal workflow for Under Armour staff to review Ideas.
Solution | Designed and Deployed Salesforce.com Communities and Sites Pages
- Ideas submission portal deployed using Communities and Sites, integrated into existing Under Armour web pages.
- Condensed the pages required to complete the Ideas submission process.
- Deployed workflow and approvals to help Under Armour staff manage the Ideas review process.
Results | A Unified and Easy to Use Web Experience for Partner and Consumer Idea Submission, while Providing Under Armour with Increased Idea Management Capabilities.
- Ideas submission portal branded the same as the rest of Under Armour’s website.
- Streamlined the Idea submission and review process.
- Automated the status update process, so that Idea submitters get better, more timely feedback
- Provided user’s with better intelligence regarding the submitted Ideas, including an interactive map showing which states have submitted the most Ideas.